- Need Help?
- About Us
- ADHS Forms
- SVPEP Manual
- Resource Database
- Resources for Educators
- Internet Safety
University of Arizona
Mel & Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
Sexual Violence Prevention & Education Program Website
1295 N. Martin Ave.
P.O. Box 245209
Tucson, AZ 85724
Main phone: (520) 626-7215
Fax: (520) 626-8716
Researchers at the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (MEZCOPH) at the University of Arizona manage the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Program (SVPEP) website and provide information on sexual violence prevention and education research, statistics, and educational resources to Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and funded programs.
Established in 2000, MEZCOPH is the only nationally accredited college of public health in the 12-state Mountain/Pacific region that stretches from Mexico to Canada. The mission of the college is to promote the health of individuals and communities with a special emphasis on diverse populations and the Southwest. The SVPEP website has been maintained by the University of Arizona under contract with ADHS since 2000.
Description of Programs/Services
MEZCOPH responds to requests from ADHS and funded agencies for current research, statistics, curricula, and educational resources to support the design and implementation of sexual violence prevention programs.
Resources available on the SVPEP website include the following:
- Agency updates: Every month, an ADHS-funded contractor provides a description of one of their programs or a brief report on a special topic. These articles are archived by date.
- Upcoming events: State and national events related to sexual violence prevention and education.
- Resources for educators: Lists of publications, videos, curricula, evaluation tools, and presentations for sexual violence education.
- Research abstracts: An annotated resource list of more than 400 publications about sexual violence, organized by topic. Each article is summarized and new abstracts are added monthly.
- Statistics: Reports summarizing state and federal statistics on sexual violence, organized by year.
- Arizona sexual violence resources: Arizona agencies that provide crisis, counseling, and/or education services for survivors of sexual violence, their families, and their communities.
- Arizona laws: Links to the Arizona Revised Statutes that deal with sexual violence.
- State coalitions: Links to sexual violence coalitions throughout the US.
- Other links: Annotated list of agencies working in the area of sexual violence prevention and other helpful Internet resources.
- About SVPEP: History and information about the scope of the program.
- List of funded agencies: Information about sexual violence & education programs currently funded by ADHS, with contact information.